About Me

My photo
I'm a baby boomer, empty nester, nature loving, can't wait for the weekend, kinda girl.

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Over a Year Ago

The one year anniversary for my reconstructive surgery came and went last week but not without me thinking about the year long process.  February 28th, 2012 and every day after has been a continuing challenge.  I never imagined a year later I would be not be back to normal or at least pre-op.  I know the abs will always be an issue and I take care of not over working them, I doubt I will ever walk more than a few miles at a time, I do workout but have some limitations.  Overall, I have adapted but like yesterday when I went out walking I felt the extreme pressure pushing against my abs after just a short 1/4 miles and knew I would struggle to do more than a few miles.  Then I realize, a few miles is actually pretty good and there is no reason I have to do 10 miles to accomplish my goal of staying healthy.  I have always been an "all or nothing" person and I am continuing to learn and accepting a little bit is okay, and every day a little bit more to take me slow and easy through my journey and that when I reach my destination means I am done being on this earth.  Life is a continung journey with lots of hills, valleys, and fields to explore and take the time to see it all.

We have been talking a lot about retirement and while it is a ways away for me at least, I am just as excited and looking forward to spending time doing whatever I want to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment